Italy facts and information
Looking for interesting Italy facts? More information about Italian
people, culture, fashion, lifestyle, tourist attractions, food and
wines? Planning your own trip or considering some organized tours?
the reason you're here, I would like to introduce you to more
opportunities to appreciate and love this beautiful country through the
eyes of a native Italian.
What is your favorite thing about Italy? There are much more facts
than just capuccino, pizza, spaghetti, wine, lifestyle, fashion, art and
(Do I forgot mafia and corruption?)
Rome: the Colosseum
This is my
country, I was born here and still live here. Italy is not only a
tourist destination and on this website we'll cover more topics.
Please forgive me for any spelling mistakes: I encourage you to contact me and correct my English, thanking you in advance.
Italy is one of the most popular travel destinations in Europe and
in the world, there are all sorts of attractions you can visit by
yourself or through organized tours. It is quite
difficult to choose what to see if you have a limited time available,
there are so many sites with things to do and great
food to taste.
This country offers its world-famous historical and cultural attractions, with
ancient architectural monuments, wonderful cathedrals and churches with
spectacular frescoes, sculptures and paintings.
Thousands of small
little villages, medieval towns and beautiful luxury villas are
also treasures to be discovered.
There are many places with huge warehouses
full of sculptures and paintings out of sight, because they are too
many and there is not enough space in museums to display them!
There are museums with works by Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo,
Caravaggio, Botticelli, Tiziano (Titian), Raffaello, Tintoretto, Paolo
Veronese, Tiepolo and many more; theaters for Italian opera lovers like "Teatro alla Scala" in Milan or ancient "Arena" in Verona.
Venice: Rialto Bridge
Towns like Rome, Venice, Florence, Naples, Verona, Milan, Turin, Bologna,
Pisa, Siena are very interesting tourist attractions to taken into account while planning self catering tours.
Aside from historical and cultural attractions, there is a
Italian regions (20) from north to south, splendid panoramic sites with great scenery, starting from Alto
Adige and Veneto with the Dolomites, Lombardy and the lakes area to
Sicily, Sardinia and Eolie Islands, touching areas like Val d'Aosta,
Liguria, Tuscany, Umbria etc.
The Italian seaside is popular with many coastal villages and towns, nice
beaches and great entertainments: Riviera Romagnola, Capri, Cinque
Terre, Costiera Amalfitana and Positano, Apulia, Calabria, Sardinia,
Elba and Sicily are often included in group tours.
Italian Food & Wine take a big part in Italy facts, every region has its own cooking traditions and they differ from place to place.
The list of facts and reasons to come here goes on...
• National parks and reserves offer great hiking trails, horse riding and bicycle tours
• Theme itineraries: Italian gastronomy with culinary courses, religious, spiritual
• Spectacular mountains to enjoy the winter ski season and the summer vacation,
• Thermal towns with wellness centers with cozy hotels
• Venice and the Venetian villas, great samples of luxury villas
• Theme parks for fun and relaxation etc. etc. etc.
I want to give you an abundance of information about Italian lifestyle, Italian culture, Italian living and work, Italian food and wine, tours...
You are invited to visit our country, there is so much to see and do!
Benvenuti in Italia, welcome to Italy!
Italo (yes it's my name)
Europe travel resources
Table of Contents
- Italy Blog - What's New
- The Italy Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the Italy-Facts.net website. Subscribe here.
- Italy Facts Blog, dedicated to the wonders of Italy.
- This Italy Facts blog is aimed at those interested in the beauty of Italy.
- Italy Facts
- Italy facts and italian lifestyle, Italy tourist attractions, travel information about Italy, news and more.
- Fun facts about Italy
- Fun facts about Italy: interesting facts and funny information about Italy.
- Detailed Map of Italy, with some tourist information of different areas
- The Detailed Map of Italy is the startpoint for discover this beautiful Country.
- Travel guide to Italy: the many ways to reach Italy
- On this travel guide to Italy you will find information on how to reach and visit the Country.
- Airports in Italy, how to reach Italy and where to land.
- A list of airports in Italy, where you can find the closest destination.
- Places to visit in Italy, what to see
- A list of places to visit in Italy, including towns and popular villages.
- Main Italy cities to be discovered.
- Wich Italy cities are the top 10 most visited towns? Discover them among the other italian cities, divided by regions.
- Tourist Attractions in Italy with great italian Masterpieces.
- You will find many tourist attractions in Italy, with great examples of italian Wonders.
- Famous Italian Operas.
- List of famous Italian Operas where you can also find the music and the Booklet Authors.
- Italy Video, a nice selection to see Italy's beauty.
- On a series of Italy video you can have a taste of this wonderful Country.
- Hotels in Italy, Price Comparison and Reservation
- Find all the hotels in Italy, compare hotel rates and make your reservation.
- Italy Small Hotels , charming and attractive italian family-run hotels.
- On this Italy small Hotels page, why to stay in family-run cozy places and accommodations.
- Florence Italy rental Villas and Apartments
- There are many Florence Italy rental opportunities to live the charme of beautiful Firenze and Tuscany.
- Map of Rome Italy, tourist attractions and information.
- Map of Rome Italy with information about tourist attractions, pictures, transport, museums, hotels, things to do and more..
- Map of Florence Italy, tourist information.
- Map of Florence Italy with tourist information, attractions, pictures, transport, museums, hotels, things to do and more..
- Naples Italy, with tourist attractions and information.
- Find information about Naples Italy, tourist attractions, pictures, transport, museums, tours, hotels, things to do and more..
- Verona Italy, tourist attractions and information.
- Tourist information about Verona Italy, with attractions, pictures, transport, museums, hotels, things to do and more..
- Venice Italy Map: the city of Canals
- Venice Italy map with information, description of the City, pictures and tips.
- Cinque Terre Italy, five pieces of World and beauty.
- Cinque Terre Italy is a land full of charme and beautiful dramatic scenery.
- Amalfi Italy: Travel Information Resources and Tips.
- Italian charme? Amalfi Italy is a small and fascinating town to visit full of charme.
- Sorrento Italy, World-famous Seaside Resort
- Sorrento Italy is located on a terrace of tuff at the foot of the Lattari mountains.
- Italian Food Culture
- The Italian cuisine is made of and full of Italian food culture.
- Italian Pasta Salad Recipe
- Italian pasta salad recipe is a fresh dish, prepared with simple and light ingredients, such as tomatoes, basil, tuna
- Italian Meatball Recipe with Spaghetti
- The Italian meatball recipe for spaghetti is a rich first course that can be considered a substantial full meal.
- Italian Dressing Recipe, fresh.
- The typical Italian family use the Italian dressing recipe to season the salad.
- Italian Bread Recipe, a tradition to follow
- The Italian bread recipe is one of the oldest and at the the same time one of the most traditional and used recipes in Italy.
- Italian Wedding Soup Recipe or Minestra Maritata
- The traditional Italian wedding soup recipe, a typical neapolitan dish.
- Contact Me on Italy-Facts.net
- Contact Me information for Italy-Facts.net
- Contribute to Italy
- Would you like to share your knowledge about italy? Great, find out how you can submit your story or tip here.